The Literacy Department….
- Targets the four pillars of Literacy development: reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Administers assessments to determine ESL/ELL eligibility for test and diploma exam accommodations
- Works with classroom teachers to facilitate opportunities for all students to improve their literacy skills
- Provides individual, group, class support as necessary in all core subjects
- Available for assistance before/after school and lunch breaks allowing any student to access support with homework, assignments, test and exam prep
- Communicates ongoing student progress with parents during learning conferences and through formal written reports